Friday, July 22, 2016

Welcome to my CCNA Wireless Blog!

I've taken CompTIA, Check Point and ITIL certs for the past few months and was away from learning new Cisco skills for quite a while. My next goal is to get CCNA Wireless and CWNA certified to acquire deep knowledge of wireless technology since I work with WLCs and APs on a daily basis. I've posted a few topics regarding wireless in my other blog but now I want to maintsream them here.

It's hard to emulate wireless especially for the access points, so I setup my own wireless lab at home. I've used a Cisco 2811 router for my Internet gateway router (connected to a cable modem), Cisco 3560 switch to provide Power over Ethernet (PoE) for the access points, Cisco WLC 2504 with 8.0 image (this can be virtualized), two 1602 access points: one setup as autonomous or standalone AP (AIR-SAP 1602E) and the other as lightweight or controller-based AP (AIR-CAP 1602E).

This is the logical network topology I've used for my wireless lab. I've used a flat network design and everything runs on native VLAN 1 to simplify the configurations. I'll share more details and the steps I took in building my wireless lab on succeeding posts.These are the materials I've used for my wireless study: CCNA Wireless 200-355 Official Cert Guide by David Hucaby, training videos by Keith Barker and Jerome Henry.


This is how the actual devices look like in my home lab.


No comments:

Post a Comment